The visa is designed to the purpose of tourism, visiting friends and family for a short term period, backpacking, cruising, Yoga retreatment and trekking.
Residents in Scotland are eligible to apply for an Indian visa in Edinburgh but we only can help applicants who used our Chinese visa application with Indian visa application.
If you have a present Scottish address but your permanent address is in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, you will still be eligible for an Indian visa in Edinburgh.
- Passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages.
- Two recent 50 mm * 50 mm size photographs.
- Duly filled online Application form. (Printed and duly signed)
- Declaration form signed by applicant(s). (Printed and duly signed)
- Authorisation form signed by applicant(s). (Printed and duly signed)
Please Note: For Media related Professionals, Police or Armed Forces, Commercial Pilots/Crew Members, Charity/Social Workers, Researchers, and Priest going to India for Tourism -
- Employer’s letter addressed to Consulate General of India Edinburgh, 17 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BB, stating the purpose of travel.
- Media Related professionals who are self-employed need to provide an undertaking letter stating no professional related activities would be undertaken during the stay in India.
The above letters should be provided on the letter head of the company and addressed to Consulate General of India inEdinburgh.
Please Note: For people whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring foreign nationality.
- Copy of Surrender Certificate and Copy of the Cancelled Indian Passport (Self-Attested) OR
- If you travelled to India before, please provide your previous passport with Indian visa.
Please Note: For Minor Child (Under 16 years of age):
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing both the parent’s names.
- Consent letter addressed to Consulate General of India in Edinburgh signed by both the parents
- Photocopy of Parent’s passports along with the copy of their current Indian Visa, if already holding one. If parents are Indian citizens, copy of the resident status in the UK would be required.
- In case of Divorce, Child Custody Letter from court in respect of the child is required.
- In case of Single Parent, Solicitor’s Letter and Child Benefit letter will be required.
- In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents can sign the application form.
Important Note: Applicants are requested tosend the photocopies of the supporting documents (not the originals) unless originals are requested.