Legalised & Authenticated UK Documents for use in Thailand
Before applying for Thai work visa, one or more documents which was/were originated in the United Kingdom should firstly be certified by an UK Notary Public, then must be legalised by the Legalisation Office (LO) of Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), and further be legalised and authenticated by Thai Royal Embassy in the UK. Regarding the reason of the final process through Thai Embassy, because Thailand is not member of Hague Convention, therefore an apostille certificate is not accepted in Thailand. As a result, legalised documents for use in Thailand should be gone through the finalpart - approved by Thailand Embassy or Thailand General Consulates in the UK.
What are UK documents for legalisation and authentication?
Personal documents: Degree or Master Certificate, PHDs or Diploma Qualifications or other Academic Reports, National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) or Disclosure Scotland etc.
Business documents: Certificate of Incorporation, Power of Attorney, Tax Returns, Partnership Agreement, VAT Certificate, Company Registers, or Certificate of Name Change etc.
If I live in overseas, can my documents be legalised and authenticated by Thai Royal Embassy in the UK?
Yes certainly. There is no jurisdiction for documents to be legalised in the UK whether you live in oversea like Thailand, USA, Canada, Malaysia etc. as long as this is a UK document.
Three main steps for your consideration:
- Notarisation: A personal or business document should be certified by a UK (Edinburgh) notary public firstly.
- Legalised by FCO (an apostille certificate): The Legalisation office of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) must legalise the signature, stamp or seal of a British public official such as a solicitor, a notary public, a registrar and an official of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Thai Authentication: The Thai Royal Embassy in the UK will verify the signature and seal (excluding contents of documents) of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Once being verified, Thai Royal Embassy will officially apply authenticated seal and signature to your document(s), which will be ready for use in Thailand.
i2visa UK Ltd can do three steps combined as a package of full service on behalf of you, alternatively we can do the second step (an apostille cert attached by FCO) or the third step authenticated by the Thai Royal Embassy on its own at your convenience, which means that we will do the authentication on your behalf.
Notarisation, Legalisation (Apostille) and Authentication (FULL SERVICE) combined as a set of package charged in the following:
- One document (Regular Service): £178 including VAT *
- Two documents (Regular Service): £268 including VAT *
- Three documents (Regular Service): £348 including VAT *
*The above total fee includes the two delivery postages (to FCO/from FCO) but it excludes the delivery fee to your home/business address.
Prestigious UK Notary Public registered at the FCO - Processed in the Edinburgh city centre
Legalisation (an apostille Cert):
Processed in FCO located in Milton Keynes
Processed in Thai Royal Embassy in the UK
i2visa UK is specialised in assisting you to securely obtain legalised document(s) from Thai Royal Embassy (step 3) from a notary public service (step 1) and a stamped official certificate (an apostille certificate) service (step 2). The following required documents are compulsory:
- The Original and Photocopy of UK Document(s) that will need to be authenticated
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport Photo Page
- i2visa Order Form
Please let us know in advance or make a note with the other enclosed documents if you like to get the original degree certificate or TEFL certificate authenticated as your special request instead of the photocopied UK documents to be authentication by Thai Royal Embassy in the UK. It is a standard that our notary public will certify your ORIGINAL UK documents by default unless you have notification for us.
Please mail all the above-required documents to the following address:
i2visa UK Ltd
28 Rutland Square
If you are applying for these at the express service, please simply add £48 (one document), £88 (two documents) and £128 (three documents) based on the whole cost of regular service. If you have more documents to be legalised as a package, please contact us about the particular fee schedule directly.
For your convenience, you can put our Edinburgh office address as the delivery address sent by FCO in order to save you one or two days and postages. Special delivery postage (to FCO/from FCO) will include our service, but it will NOT apply to your delivery address once being legalised.
When calculating the amount of time required processing your document(s) please add one more working day for the postal delivery. If you have further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at 0131 460 7023 or [email protected]