Work Visa ('Z' visa)
The Chinese visa is issued to those taking up a post or employment in P.R. China.
The Chinese visa is also issued to those giving commercial performance in P.R. China.
---Source of CVASC
After getting all documents legalised and then having work permit approved, you are about to apply for work visa for China.
Please find the following information of work visa application.
An applicant’s original passport infomation
- At least 12 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese work visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current and valid passport
- Information/photo page only
- Black & white or colourful
A photo required in compulsory
- a photo background in white or light colur
- a high quality photo paper
- is 35mm by 45mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without any glass and hat
Employment Visa Application: (Four Types of documents)
- Alien Employment License of the People’s Republic of China issued by the Chinese government authority for Human Resources and Social Security;
- Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts;
- Registration certificate of the resident representative office of foreign (regional) enterprises issued by local administrative department of industry and commerce；
- Invitation letter by duly authorised unit issued by local administrative department of industry and commerce; Alternatively, the either duly invitation letter from Chinese employment and confirmation letter issued by local administrative department of industry and commerce (However, the either duly invitation letter has to only address to 'the General Chinese Consulate in Edinburgh.)
- Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
Commercial Performance Visa Application:
- An approval document for commercial performance issued by Chinese government authority for Cultural Affairs;