Tourist Visa (‘L’ visa)
Fingerprint will be launched for Chinese tourist visa application from 1st November 2018. Thus you'll have to travel to Edinburgh for it in person from that day.
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Black and white or colourful
A photo required in compulsory
- A photo background in white or light colour
- A high quality photo paper
- is 35mm by 45mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without any glass and hat
- An air ticket and accommodation bookings in China
- A flight booking confirmation with passenger(s)’(s) name as same as applicant(s)’(s) name
- A hotel reservation in China
Important Note: If you are a British passport holder, you'll automatically get a Chinese visa of multiple entries 2 years. Thus, you could leave the section 2.2 of Form blank.
Please note that Chinese tourist visa for non-British passport holders will probably be granted single entry or double entry only in availability. If you are applying for a double entry, the second inbound flights or the previous Chinese visa will NOT be required in Chinese General Consulate in Edinburgh.
Please note that applicants under 6 years old should be required to the provision of full birth certificate with parents’ details and parents’ passport photocopy; the ones under 18 years old will be required to provide visa authority with full details of Section 5.
If you are a Chinese origin, you should provide us with your previous Chinese visa or your original Chinese passport if you are applying for it for the first time.