Tourist Visa (‘L’ visa)
Fingerprint has been launched for Chinese tourist visa application since 1st November 2018. Thus all applicants have to travel to Edinburgh for it in person.
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Black and white or colourful
A passport-size photo required in the following:
- a photo background in white or light colour
- a high-quality photo paper
- is 35mm by 45mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without hat
- An air ticket and accommodation bookings in China
- A flight booking confirmation with passenger(s)’(s) name as same as applicant(s)’(s) name
- A hotel reservation in China
Important Note: If you are a British passport holder, you'll automatically get a Chinese visa of multiple entries 2 years.
Please note that Chinese tourist visa for non-British passport holders will probably be granted single entry or double entry only in availability.
Please note that applicants under 6 years old should be required to the original birth certificate with parents’ details and parents’ passport photocopy.
If you are a Chinese origin, you should provide us with your previous Chinese visa or your original Chinese passport if you are applying for it for the first time.