Private Visa ('S2' visa)
Fingerprint has been launched for Chinese private visa application since 1st November 2018. Thus all applicants have to travel to Edinburgh for it in person.
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Black & white or colourful
A passport-size photo required in the following
- a photo background in white or light blue
- a high quality photo page
- is 35mm by 45mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without hat
An air ticket and accommodation bookings in China
- A flight booking confirmation with passenger(s)’(s) name as same as applicant(s)’(s) name
- A Chinese hotel reservation
Please note that a private visa will be granted single or double entry in availability. If you are applying for a double entry, the second inbound flights or the previous Chinese visa will NOT be required in Chinese General of Edinburgh.
Please note that applicants under 6 years old should be required to provide visa officials with the original birth certificate containing parents' details and parents’ passport photocopy.
If you are a Chinese origin, you should provide us with your previous Chinese visa or your original Chinese passport if you are applying for it for the first time.