Private Visa ('S2' visa)
The S2-style visa is issued to those who will travel to China for private issue such as attending a wedding reception or something happened in emergency etc.
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Blank and white or colourful
A photo required in compulsory
- A photo background in white or light blue
- A high quality photo page
- is 33mm by 48mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without any glass and hat
An air ticket and accommodation bookings in China
- A flight booking confirmation with passenger(s)’(s) name as same as applicant(s)’(s) name
- A Chinese hotel reservation
Please note that a private visa will be granted single or double entry in availability. If you are applying for a double entry, the second inbound flights or the previous Chinese visa will NOT be required in Chinese General of Edinburgh.
Please note that applicants under 6 years old should be required to the provision of full birth certificate with parents’ details and parents’ passport photocopy; the ones under 18 years old will be required to provide visa authority with full details of Section 5.
If you are a Chinese origin, you should provide us with your previous Chinese visa or your original Chinese passport if you are applying for it for the first time.