Private Visa ('S2' visa)
Fingerprint will be launched for Chinese private visa application from 1st November 2018. Thus you'll have to travel to Edinburgh for it in person from that day.
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Black & white or colourful
A photo required in compulsory
- A photo background in white or light blue
- A high quality photo page
- is 35mm by 45mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without any glass and hat
An air ticket and accommodation bookings in China
- A flight booking confirmation with passenger(s)’(s) name as same as applicant(s)’(s) name
- A Chinese hotel reservation
Please note that a private visa will be granted single or double entry in availability. If you are applying for a double entry, the second inbound flights or the previous Chinese visa will NOT be required in Chinese General of Edinburgh.
Please note that applicants under 6 years old should be required to the provision of full birth certificate with parents’ details and parents’ passport photocopy; the ones under 18 years old will be required to provide visa authority with full details of Section 5.
If you are a Chinese origin, you should provide us with your previous Chinese visa or your original Chinese passport if you are applying for it for the first time.