Journalist Visa ('J1'/'J2' visa)
The J2-style visa is issued to foreign journalist and media staff on temporary news coverage missions. The intended duration of stay in China is limited to no more than 180 days.
The J1-style visa is issued to foreign journalist and media staff of foreign news organisation stationed in China. The intended during of stay in China exceeds 180 days.
--- Source of CVASC
An applicant’s original passport
- At least 6 months in validity
- At least two blank visa pages
- A legible passport without any damage
Please note that Chinese visa will be affixed into one of your original passport’s visa page.
A photocopy of your current passport
- Information page only
- Blank and white or colourful
A photo required in compulsory
- A photo background in white or light blue
- A high quality photo page
- is 33mm by 48mm or 50mm by 50mm in size
- full face centred in the middle without any glass and hat
- An official authorised letter issued by the media organisation for specific journalist works.
Note: We'll be able to contact the press section of General Chinese Consulate in Edinburgh and submit your application on your behalf, if your authorised letter is direct to them.