News - i2Visa Blog - Page 12

i2Visa Blog

Blogs and news from i2Visa

Shanghai Landing Visa Application online

How to get a visa on arrival in Shanghai?

Shanghai landing visa overview

Do you know you could qualify for Chinese visa application on arrival at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport or Shanghai PuDong Airport? It means that you'll NOT send over original documents for postal visa appliation before travelling.

In order to quickly facilitate the Shanghai entry port and boost Shanghai Eco-Tourism, Shanghai administration of Entry Division has started pilot scheme of Shanghai landing visa application for 22 nationals including British passport holders.

How to apply for Shanghai landing visa? What are requirements of Shanghai landing visa?

i2visa has served hundreds of customers for several years. Many clients asked us if they could get a Chinese visa online. By these feedbacks provided by our clients, thus we have started working closely with and advised Shanghai Exit-Entry Administration of Public Ministry about landing visa issued at the two Shanghai International Airports, in order to reduce the hassle of sending original documents. These days, the greatest news is that we have been authorised, that we are now privileged to offer Shanghai landing visa service in the United Kingdom. The following document will be required prior to the departure:

1.       Scan of passport information page

2.       Scan of flight itinerary to Shanghai (inbound and outbound)

3.       Scan of Shanghai hotel reservation

4.       Invitation letter issued by Shanghai company or other equities (Business visa only)

4.       Brief Explanation (Tourist visa only)

What will you receive? What documents will you bring to Shanghai?

You'll receive a Shanghai visa notification (Shanghai landing visa permit).

You'll bring the following documents to Shanghai:

1. Your original passport in validity over 6 months

2. One recent photograph in size of 45mm*35mm

3. Shanghai visa notification (landing permit) provided by i2visa

Processing time:

Urgent Service (18 Hours)

Standard Service (3 working days)


Continue reading
  2132 Hits
2132 Hits

Work visa holders can use E-channel at Chinese borders

Great news for all the Chinese work visa holders (Z-style)

For the next time, you will probably avoid facing the massive line at Chinese Immigration if you are a Z-visa holder for foreigners working in China can now use the E-Lane to zip past the queue.

To qualify for this:

1. E-Passport required

2. One photo and fingerprints recorded

The ideal for an e-Lane appeared, which mentioned that creating an e-channel for Z-visa or frenquent business travelers like those used in Hong Kong could simply cut down the workload of immigration of officials. i2visa sincerely hopes that you could enjoy the fast-lane at Chinese border. If you need more details about the procedure of using it, please contact us at 0131 460 7023 or [email protected] if you have any further queries.

Continue reading
  2259 Hits
2259 Hits

Do you need a Chinese visa to join in an international cruise ship in Shanghai?

Transit visa free in 144 hours in ports of Shanghai!

Recently i2visa has received so many enquiries via telephone and email about transit in Shanghai to join in a cruise ship, or finish cruise line in Shanghai to take a flight back to UK?

Firstly, i2visa appreciates everyone to trust us and our advice. i2visa is a professional visa company specifically focusing on any Chinese visa issues. Our visa information has been updated every day.

Secondly, the answer is that you will definitely not need a Shanghai visa for the purpose of transit in any Shanghainese port terminal and two airports within 144 hours until today. We would like to say that visa policy could vary from time to time, so please check the official website of Shanghai Immigration Inspection a few days before travelling.

Thirdly, if anyone tells and advises you to get a Chinese visa to Shanghai for the unique purpose of TRANSITING in Shanghai region, i2visa believes that these travel agencies and cruiselines' visa information MUST be outdated.

Please contact us at 0131 460 7023 directly if you have any further queries. Alternatively, please email us at [email protected]

Continue reading
  2534 Hits
2534 Hits

Where to submit Chinese visa application?

Chinese Visa Infomation

Most nationals including British nationals need a travelling visa for China. All the Chinese visas are issued in the Chinese Embassy of London, or Chinese General Consulate of Manchester or Chinese General Consulate of Edinburgh. However, all Chinese visas are obtained by Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. Thus, whether individuals or visa agencies submit all the Chinese visa applications to CVASC. In the UK, there are the following THREE official authorities to be submitted.

CVASC office in London: 12 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DU Tel: 020 7710 6000

CVASC office in Manchester: First Floor, 75 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3HR Tel: 0161 236 1070

CVASC office in Edinburgh: 2nd Floor, 19, Canning Street, Exchange Tower, Edinbugh, EH3 8EG Tel: 0131 229 2519

Since Januarary 2016, if a British national applies for a single-entry visa for China, the fee charged by Chinese visa application service centre (CVASC) has been £151 (4 working days) in person or others, or £175 by using a postal service (up to 10 working days). Chinese group visa, which fee is much lower than individual visa and simpler documents, may be your best choice. For more information on China Group visa, please visit at

Continue reading
  3949 Hits
3949 Hits

Tibet Group visa (Chinese Group visa)

Tibet Group visa is required to enter Tibet at least 5 members as a group, slightly differ from Chinese group visa (two travellers are sufficient.)If you plan to enter Tibet from Nepal, you should apply for Tibet group visa from the Chinese embassy in Kathmandu. A Tibet group visa is compulsory for all tourists to enter Tibet from Nepal cross Chinese border. The Tibet Group Visa is an A4-size sheet of authorised paper, along with all travellers' names, sex, nationality, passport number, date of birth and occupation of each member of your group listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely stated in the Tibet Group visa. Usually, the visa is valid only for the length of the trip you have booked but it's possible to extend the visa for few additional days, but only for staying in Lhasa. Two original copies of the Tibet Group Visa Sheets are for the respective purpose of immigration at entry and exit for China. For more information about Tibet Group visa (Chinese Tourist Group visa), please contact us at [email protected]

Continue reading
  2455 Hits
2455 Hits